Wednesday, February 20, 2013

nikki in the woods, by the bay

This was my first attempt at portraiture and I could not have asked for a better model. Nikki is a good sport, to say the least. She is the kind of person who unabashedly laughs and smiles as you make her pose in front of a bunch of awkward teenagers playing a very.serious.game of capture the flag, who continues to follow you "just a little bit farther, I promise" into the scary critter-infested woods, and who happily jumps around in the freezing cold ocean while tourists and crab fisherman gawk. 

She also happens to be a gorgeous girl, a fiercely talented dancer, and all-around sweetheart. Oh yes, and I am lucky enough to call her my sister (in-law). Hey Nikki, thanks for trusting me to take your portrait :)


23 comments:

  1. All of these photos are gorgeous, but that last one.. it's magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pictures are absolutely stunning! i mean it helps you had a beautiful model but seriously - these are amazing. you are so talented!

    and her hair. her hair

    love,
    elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it :)

      And yes, her hair is nothing short of amazing!

      Delete
  3. gorgeous photos!!! the second to last one is my favorite- you can totally see her personally shine through! and the dancing one.. oh my! so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^^^^ that was my comment! i signed in with my email account :)
    but what i meant to say was, your photos are absolutely stunning!! i am completely smitten with you blog, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these photos are seriously gorgeous.
    i love these.
    also it makes me really excited for the fact that we are moving to San Francisco this summer!

    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!

      and yay for moving to SF! let me know if you have any questions :)

      Delete
  7. wow!! these are all beautiful! she looks so pretty. you make it look easy! great shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are absolutely stunning! I LOVE her hair!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, her hair is crazy beautiful (as is everything else about her)!

      Delete
  9. these portraits are gorgeous! i especially love the light in the 6th photo

    ReplyDelete
  10. These turned out beautifully! Fantastic lighting.
    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We really lucked out with the weather that day :)

      Delete
  11. Such gorgeous photos! I love the dreamy effect achieved here, and she is a gorgeous subject! -Jessica L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! But it's hard to go wrong with beautiful California sunlight and an equally beautiful subject :)

      Delete
  12. gorgeous shots. she is beautiful, and that hair makes me so jealous.
    your photography is lovely.

    perfect!

    ReplyDelete