Wednesday, December 26, 2012

merry and bright


This year I made my own wrapping paper and - I'm not going to lie - it was a huge mistake. It all started with the discovery of a cute little San Francisco company called Yellow Owl Workshop and their super adorable stamps. It then evolved into an obsession: If I didn't get the right inks, twine, labels, paint pens, tape, and paper, then the whole project would be a failure (in my mind, anyway). It took two days of shopping to find the perfect wrapping tools and I sincerely thought Dave was going to kill me (why I needed 'grape' instead of 'blackberry' purple ink, I don't even know). We then had to lug said stamps and half a suitcase of wrapping crap from California to Chicago to Wisconsin and back again. Oops.

Oh well. I still love those stamps, and if we hadn't been travelling so much over the holidays, the paper would have been a complete success, I'm sure of it. But I admit, perhaps this wasn't my most brilliant of ideas...

So other than the Great Stamp Debacle of 2012, we had a wonderful Christmas (and to be fair, the gifts looked nice, they were just a pain to make). We got to see both of our families on Christmas day and it doesn't get much better than that. 

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours. 

1 comment:

  1. hahah. superrrr cute wrapping. despite the great stamp debacle of 2012. so funny.

    ReplyDelete