Wednesday, December 5, 2012

books, books, books


When we moved, I had to donate a substantial chunk of my book collection to St. Vinny's. It was hard. So, so hard. But it had to be this way. We reserved only one (teeny tiny) moving pod and thus, we were forced to downsize... significantly.

On the plus side, my remaining books actually fit into one single bookcase and I have been able to achieve a major life goal: arranging my books on the shelf by color (see above).

Yes, exciting times over here. Seriously, I could arrange and rearrange them for hours. I'm completely obsessed with my books. Is that a weird thing to say? Maybe. But the smell, the weight, the texture, the everything. I love them. There is something so rewarding about placing a newly finished book on the shelf, nestled in with all of your other favorite stories.

This being said, it's probably no surprise that all I want for Christmas this year is books. Books, books, books. Here's my VERY LONG wishlist:


Oh yes, and I love cookbooks too :)

Perhaps you're thinking it's time I invest in a Kindle? Nah, I'll stick to the real thing. I'm just old-fashioned that way.

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love a full bookcase. Especially one organized by color! Awesome!

    RebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete
  2. your bookshelf! it's so cool!!! i wish i could do mine that way. i gave in and got a kindle a few years ago for college--it was easier to cart around than a big box of books every few months--but i'm definitely a real book lover too. now i need to check out some from your wish list, they look awesome :)

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'm sure I'll cave in on the kindle eventually. They are, after all, so so practical - especially if you are a student. It just dawned on me that if I do get all these books for Christmas, I have no idea how I'll get them on the plane home. Oops! Perhaps I should invest in a kindle sooner rather than later :)

      Delete
  3. I want to read Junot Diaz's book so badly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! If it's not under the tree, I will have to buy it for myself. Did you read the Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao? It's one of my all-time favorites.

      Delete
  4. I love your bookshelf! It's so pretty! And I love the look of all these books! I can't wait to unwrap piles of books at Christmas and to have holiday time to be able to read all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For lack of better expression; I just got a book boner! haha.. okay that's gross and creepy.

    I know what you mean about longing for the winters, especially this time of year. Cali sounds AMAZING but I think I'd be a little heart broken on Christmas without snow!

    Thanks for stopping by, your blog is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I just noticed this comment -- book boner!! Haha! I LOVE it!! :)

      Delete
  6. we are book twins, seriously! i love this.

    ReplyDelete